Have you tested the Petit bronzé, the excellent vegan burger at the Monastère des Augustines restaurant? It was offered for a very limited time as part of Burger Week 2018. Did you know that you can make the vegan aioli from that burger at home? Our chef offers her recipe for the aioli, which is made with garlic olive oil from Maison Orphée! Easy to make and above all, delicious!
(For about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup of refrigerated soy milk (no sugar)
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. of Maison Orphée Dijon Mustard
- 1 good pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of Maison Orphée Grapeseed Oil or Sunflower Oil
- ¼ cup of Maison Orphée Garlic Olive Oil
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- In a tall container, add mustard, maple syrup (or honey) and salt. Using a stand mixer (such as a Giraffe stand mixer), mix all while slowly pouring the vegetable oil (grapeseed or sunflower oil), then the olive oil in a stream to create the emulsion.
- Add the juice and lemon zest at the very end, when the mayonnaise starts to have a more consistent texture.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
Spread in a sandwich, soak with raw vegetables in it or even use it as a base for a potato salad!
* Chef’s tip: You can also try this recipe with Maison Orphée Lemon or Basil Olive Oil.