During the month of June, asparagus and lobster season are in full swing in Québec. To make the most of these two delicious, seasonal and local ingredients, why not enjoy a tasty blend of the two? Jean-Mathieu Leclerc, Chef at Le Monastère’s Restaurant, has provided this delicious lobster and asparagus charlotte recipe. It’s a fresh recipe showcasing Québec products!
- 1 lb. Québec lobster
- +/- 16 Québec asparagus
- 80 ml of vegan mayonnaise (vegenaise)
- 10 ml of vanilla vinegar
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- +/- 12 chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of tobiko
- 1 teaspoon of salt and white pepper
- Boil the lobster for 4 minutes, then chill it in iced water.
- Shell the lobster and keep the meat.
- Blanche the asparagus: place it in simmering water for 2 minutes, remove, then chill it in iced water.
- Prune the asparagus so that the spears are just a little longer than 2-inches (± 5 cm).
- Blanch 4 sprigs of chives.
- Add the vegan mayonnaise to the vanilla vinegar, the zest and the chives.
- Keep 25 ml of vegan mayonnaise.
- Mix the lobster and the rest of the vegan mayonnaise (salad).
- Wrap the pieces with the asparagus.
- Garnish the centre with lobster salad.
- Tie everything with the blanched chives.
- Place the vegan mayonnaise on the bottom of the plate.
- Place the lobster and asparagus charlotte.
- Garnish with tobiko and chopped chives.