In order to provide healthy nutrients for the brain, I offer you a colorful “all-season” vegetarian roll recipe, inspired by the classic spring roll, as a beautiful alternative to the traditional ham, lettuce and cheese sandwich. This is a gourmet vegetarian meal that is light and full of vitality. This recipe is ideal for those of you who are prone to drowsiness and reduced concentration after lunch.
Cashew and Curry pâté
– ½ cup sunflower seeds soaked for twelve hours and well rinsed
– ½ cup cashew nuts soaked for twelve hours and rinsed thoroughly
– ¼ cup of water or vegetable broth
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Juice of one lemon
– ½ red pepper (or other seasonal vegetable)
– 1 clove of crushed garlic or ¼ teaspoon of garlic flower
– 4 to 6 sprigs of parsley
– 1 teaspoon yellow curry
– ½ teaspoon of turmeric
– Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Mix the seeds and nuts in a blender with water, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper.
- Add parsley, garlic and spices. Grind at high speed until a smooth and homogeneous texture is obtained.
- Add broth if necessary.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
The nut and seed pâté can be stored for three days in the refrigerator.
– 1 rice paper (spring roll skin/wrapper) soaked in warm water or 1 vegetable wrap
– Green-leaf vegetables (spinach, lettuce, etc.)
– Grated carrots or beets
– Sliced avocado
– Basil, parsley or coriander leaves
- Arrange the greens or rice paper on a plate, Add the pâté, vegetables and avocado.
- Roll up the rice paper or wrap.
You can also prepare a colourful salad and enjoy the pâté with slices of cucumber, zucchini or crackers made with vegetables and whole grains (for example: quinoa, rice, buckwheat).
On January 26, 2020, Imane Lahlou will be visiting the Monastère des Augustines for a Health and Wellness class. The theme of this interactive conference will be “Take care of yourself, an art to cultivate” (in French only).